|Top Previous Next|
Click on the Electrolytes tab to enter daily electrolyte additives.
You may choose to enter electrolytes by their individual salts or by their constituent cations and anions.
Electrolytes by salt
This is the least complicated entry method, just enter the lytes from the order.
Electrolytes by cation/anion
When you choose to enter the constituent cations and anions, you must balance the cations.
First, choose the anion you wish to balance with, either Acetate, Chloride, or both. Then click the "Balance" button.
A message will be displayed if the electrolytes are already in balance. If you wish to have a different mix of anions, clear out the Chloride and Acetate entries then click the balance button, or enter your own mix manually.
The order of the balance routine is:
1. Balance Phosphate with available Sodium.
2. Balance remaining Sodium with Chloride first (if selected), then Acetate.
3. Balance remaining Sodium with Acetate (if selected).
4. Balance Potassium with Chloride first (if selected), then Acetate.
5. Balance remaining Potassium with Acetate (if selected).
Copyright 1997-2014 by RxKinetics. All rights reserved.